Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm sick, my digital camera is still in my car, and I'm too lazy to get up and get it so I can take pictures of what I'm working on... I am so antsy to start a new project, I found a whole bunch of adorable patterns that i'm dying to crochet, but i really need to finish the things i've started already... I have a mile-a-minute afghan going thats about halfway done, its a very late christmas gift for a friend who's going to japan soon. Luckily her departure date got pushed back to june, so i don't need to rush to get it to her. i'm lazy. She understands. I'm also halfway through knitting a scarf, just a really basic thing, just to get the hang of it... I'm just using garter stitch, 15 per row, on size 10 needles, with boring white worsted weight acrylic yarn. and its twisting... like, a spiral scarf, but this pattern doesn't work like that. And apparantly garter stitch isn't supposed to do that. I know i'm not doing it wrong though... I'm probably just the world's lousiest knitter. We'll see... maybe after I bind off, it will magically straighten itself out. So far its about 3 1/2 feet long, so i'm halfway there... I am so bored with it now though, i want to try to teach myself something more challenging, like cables.... ooh, cables... I think they are too advanced for me at this point though... i think i'll make the doggy sweater from Lion Brand next... last time i tried it, i had the wrong size needles. now i have the wrong size dog... i seriously need to shrink that pattern... Except i don't know how to do that yet... Oh well, thats all part of the learning process, i guess...

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Lovre reading knitting and crochet blogs! Keep up the good work and try to blog daily!!! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home