Tuesday, February 21, 2006

long time, no knit...

i haven't posted in awhile because i haven't been knitting for awhile... i set down the IHS because i misplaced my cable needle... then i started a k1 p1 rib scarf on plastic needles, and then proceeded to sit on a needle and break it... i babysat over the weekend and took along a kit i picked up at a thrift store for leg warmers... i got one finished, but there are several mistakes, mostly from being tickled mid-row, causing me to pull away, and slip several stitches off the needles... i'm not very good at picking up dropped stitches, especially when it rips out several rows down, so there are a few noticable mistakes, but i guess it kind of gives them the 80s grunge look, so its alright... now i need to find time to cast on the second one... and i found a pattern for a sweater that i'm dying to make, its the Red Heart tri-cable pullover... i think it would look cute on one of my friends, but she has zillions of sweaters, and i don't have any, so she told me to make it for myself... not sure if i would wear it, but i would at least enjoy making it, and thats whats important... now i have to convince my mom to buy me the yarn and needles i need... i already owe her money, although i did give her $50 yesterday, which is half of what i earned from babysitting... i wish i could babysit more often, right now its only about once a month, and that $100 i get needs to pay for my gas and food, but my mom insisted i start paying her back... so i gave her half of my money, and then "borrowed" her ATM card and filled up my gas tank... wow, gas is so expensive... it cost almost $30 to fill the tank! i hope prices go down soon, although i know they won't... but anyways, unless anybody else wants to hire me to babysit fairly locally, i'm stuck with no money for knitting projects... hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home