Thursday, April 06, 2006

more stuff... I have no life...

I went to Joann's with my mom the other day, and I bought Sensations Thick & Thin yarn... It is so soft, I love it. So when I got home, I pulled out my size 17 knitting needles (i wanted to use my bigger ones, but i couldn't remember where i put them) and just made a ridiculously easy scarf, it took me a few hours, i don't like knitting very much, but its not so much of a chore with big needles and bulky yarn. my friends seem to like the scarf, too, but i doubt i'll be making any more anytime soon. I'm cheap, and although the yarn was clearanced for $3 a skein, i needed 3 skeins, so that was $9... if i had a job, or if people were willing to pay me for them, i would be happy to do it, but right now i rely on my mom to buy my materials for me. My mom also wanted me to make her a cape like i did for my friend, so we bought the yarn for that, and I started working on it... i just get so bored with that pattern, i like having to memorize a stitch pattern, it makes it more fun, but this is all double crochet... so boring, but the finished product will be nice, so i guess its worth it.
We went to another reenactment on saturday, and checked out the suttlery's... kind of a "oh, look, i can make that" type of thing, and to talk to the suttlers about how to get started... we want to be ready by the first weekend of september, but we might shoot for a little bit sooner, if its possible...
My next project should be the dog sweater from Stitch n' Bitch Nation. We took in a friend's dog, and i think she would be darling in a hot pink and bright orange sweater... the pattern calls for a mohair blend, i think, but i think i want to use Caron Simply Soft Brites, i think it would knit up nicely... if my sister will go to walmart and buy the yarn and the needles i need, i'll gladly make it...
i added progress bars, and would like to add a section for links to other blogs, but am wary of doing so. i just don't know anybody, and don't want to put random links on my blog... so i guess if you want to link up, leave a comment... that could work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home