Monday, September 17, 2007

Tunisian Crochet!!!

My mom was at a garage sale, and came across a huge box of crochet hooks. She got over 40 of them, for a quarter a piece. I'm always losing them, so I figured it was a good deal. Most of them are steel hooks, which I just bought a whole set of last week, but oh well, the more the merrier. There were a few afghan hooks, though. I have been looking for one of those for awhile, but Joanns, Michaels, and Walmart don't seem to be stocking them much lately. so now I'm working on making a crate pad for Daphne. I love tunisian crochet... Its like knitting, but with a crochet hook! No more pointy needles to stab my fingers with! Just one, smooth, hook. It looks almost identical to knitting, except the Vs go sideways instead of up and down. Oh well, can't win them all... After I finish this crate pad (I'm just doing a long rectangle, folding it in half, and crocheting a border through both layers, so its doubled), I need to see what other fun things I can do with this technique. Its probably not as versatile as knitting, but its so much easier on my hands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home