Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Expectations

I hate expectations. I hate that I'm expected to finish college as soon as possible, and to transfer to a university. I hate it. That is not whats in my plans. And yet all of my coworkers seem to think I'm going to do just that. I plan on finishing my AA in Liberal Arts when I feel like it. Definitely in the next year or so, but I'm in no rush. I however, have no intention of attending a university in the near future. Once I finish my AA, I'm done. I don't plan on using it, anyways. Why waste the time and money in school if its not getting me anywhere, anyways? Yeah, I know people with college degrees get paid more. But I plan on being self-employed eventually, and will make whatever I can, regardless of education. And I can always change my mind and go back. I just wish people didn't expect things out of me.

So this isn't yarn related at all. I have nothing to say about yarn because I haven't had time to work with any lately. I'm working 9-5, five days a week, and then 9-6 on saturday and sunday, which basically leaves any free time for taking care of the basic needs- eating, sleeping, breathing. My yarn stash is diminishing, after donating much of my ww acrylic stuff to some elementary school so the girls there can learn to crochet, and sending a boxful of my random nicer stuff to a friend across the country. I started an afghan using two strands of ww acrylic and an N hook, to use up the rest of my stash, but had to stop due to time limitations, and joint issues. My yarn cabinet is slowly becoming an invert cabinet. I'm keeping my hissing cockroaches, my tarantulas, and various other spiders in there. Hey, spiders spin silk, it all works together, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home